The corporate world is balanced on the knife edge of IT infrastructure provision at the moment. The thing is that due to Cisco – the leading IT vendor in networking for the internet, certified professionals are able to support Cisco products, as well as to provide solutions to customer’s technology problems. Thus, if you are the one, who is going to build a career in IT or boost it working with Cisco products and services, you are on the right track. This great company offers certifications in such categories as design, routing and switching, IoT, cloud, security, wireless and many more. The certifications are available for specialists with different skill levels, from the entry to the expert. One of the most popular certifications is CCNA Routing and Switching (CCNA R&S).
How to become Cisco certified?
To become a certified CCNA R&S specialist, you must pass an exam or two to gain skills necessary to work with the core technologies and the technologies of the next generation. All these skills are a must for you if you set the goal to find the position of a network engineer. All you need do is to take two exams (100-105 and 200-105) or one composite exam (200-125). Most candidates choose to pass one exam, which includes 60-70 questions that you need to complete within 90 minutes. This exam tests how skillful you are with network fundamentals, IPv4 and IPv6 routing and switching technologies, LAN switching technologies, WAN technologies, infrastructure services, and security. Since 200-125 exam is a composite one, its price is $320, while 100-105 and 200-105 cost $165 each. To pass these exams thorough preparation is needed.
Books to read for Cisco certification
There are several books to read for prospective candidates hoping to write the CCNA exams successfully:
- CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 Official Cert Guide and Network Simulator Library written by Wendell Odorn and Wilkins.
This book is the first one for you to use, as it is offered by Cisco Press. This great guide has been issued to help you pass the certification exam successfully. Along with theory it contains labs to test your hands-on skills.
- CCNA: A Comprehensive Beginners Guide To Learn About The CCNA Routing and Switching Certification from A-Z by author Walker Schmidt
This text is a compendium of the fundamentals anyone seeking to have a sound knowledge of CCNA R&S needs to have, and it is a must read for beginners.
- CCNA Routing and Switching Complete Study Guide (exams 100-105, 200-105 and 200-125) by Todd Lammle
This study guide provides detailed information on the essential concepts vital for each network engineer. It equips you with the knowledge and skills in networking fundamentals, LAN switching technologies, WAN technologies, routing protocols technologies, implementation of IPv4 and IPv6 addressing, various mitigation techniques, etc.
- CCNA Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide (ICND1 100-105, ICND2 200-105, and CCNA 200-125) (4th Edition) 4th Edition written by Scott Empson.
This book is a real treasure for candidates, as it contains all the necessary commands and concepts you need to know in order to pass the CCNA R&S certification exam/s. Moreover, you get to know the tips of how to apply these commands. The book is portable, and that means you can study on the go. It also contains practical examples that are easy to understand. Without this book, it may be almost impossible for candidates to take the exams.
- Cisco CCNA in 60 Days by Paul Browning, FaraiTafa, Daniel Gheorghe, Dario Barinic.
If you feel that you are not ready for the certification exam, this book is for you. It covers the objectives of all three exams: 100-105, 200-105 and 200-125. Along with the theory, you get access to a great collection of videos, exams, labs. Each day you get the tasks to complete and revise the previous topics. It’s a great book to hone your skills and be confident in the exam.
Tips and tricks for passing CCNA R&S certification exams
The following are tips and tricks for passing the certification exams
- Study till the last minute of the exam: nothing beats study when it comes to succeeding at this certification, all books and materials should be read, understood as much as possible even if it requires marathon study.
- Study with at least two of the recommended books, study guides
- Use the dumps available on PrepAway.biz website in your preparation process to revise the learned material. Since they are uploaded by the real exam takers, they are the most updated ones.
- Don’t exalt theory over Practice: with several dozens of books to read in preparation for this top certification in networking, don’t forget that CCNA R&S certification exam/s check your hands-on practical skills. For that, use the ETE Exam Simulator, which you can find on PrepAway website. This modern educational tool has been designed to open the ETE files. Thus, using this ETE Software, you’ll train almost in the real exam environment and enhance your exam preparation.
- Take online Training courses from Cisco website or PrepAway online platform. The information provided by the top IT experts will make you feel confident and help in passing the CCNA R&S certification exams successfully.
- Before taking the exam, have a good rest and sleep well. When you feel relaxed, it’s easier for you to gather your thoughts and stay focused. Note, that your condition has a great impact on your final result.
In conclusion, since Cisco is one of the world’s leading IT vendors recognized globally, having its certification will make your CV more attractive to the best employers. As to complete the tasks successfully at your workplace you need to possess up-to-date skills, the CCNA R&S certification meets that challenge.
It’s known that Cisco certification exams are tough, and to cement your knowledge, check the Cisco website and PrepAway online platform first. To enhance your exam preparation, use the books covered in this article and the tips provided here. Believe that the CCNA R&S certification will pay you off.